Monday, August 07, 2006

Time to celebrate!

Well, its that time which comes in the life of every brother - yeah, you guessed it. It is my younger sister's marriage. The wedding got fixed just a couple of weeks ago, all in a very quick turn of events. Since the groom is from Sharjah and he wanted to have the wedding before his vacation got over, the wedding date was fixed for the 14th of this month. So, booked the tickets in a hurry and here I am sitting at work on the D-day, a few hours away from boarding the flight.

I am all excited about the trip for 2 reasons - sister's marriage (obviously) which gives a great chance to meet friends & family and equally exciting is the fact that this is my 2nd trip to India this year. That is something I love. I have always wondered if I would be able to do that and though not entirely by my choice, now it is coming true. Though it involves a good amount of money to make such frequent trips, the happiness & the satisfaction it gives you is worth every bit of it and simply makes one forget everything else.

And while I am there, hopefully I should get some to watch all the latest movies that I have missed seeing here, starting from Pudhupettai to the latest SSUE. But I do not want to set myself some targets to be met like I did last time around and incur the wrath of my mother.

I should be back by the last week of August. Till then, y'all have a wonderful time bcos I am sure I will be busy like a bee to even check out my favorite blogs (leave alone of blogging) :)

And today also marks the one year anniversary of my beloved Accord purchase. Wanted to do a detailed post on that one but since I was running short of time with the India trip preparations, couldn’t do it. One year of smooth, hassle-free and comfortable ride, it has been. That should sum up, how my experience of owning an Accord has been.

3 Comments:

Blogger Balaji said...

Best wishes on your sister's marriage. And have a wonderful trip...

4:21 PM, August 07, 2006  
Blogger Bharani said...

My hearty wishes to your sister and bro-in-law...enjoy...have a nice trip :)

2:51 PM, August 08, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Thanks for the wishes, Balaji and Bharani. The wedding went on very well. I just got back last night. Will start posting soon.

9:17 AM, August 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home