Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Forgot Password? Forget logging in

If you have not seen a single B2Csite on the WWW which does not have the Forgot Password? option, then I welcome you to the TrueRoots website. I use Reliance for my calls to India but also buy from TrueRoots from time to time. I heard they were running a promotion and so, went over there to recharge my account. Since it has been ages since the last time I logged in, I had forgotten my password and so, started my search for a Forgot password link in the site. None. My search returned zero results. I was just annoyed that they can have a customer facing website without a Forgot Password or Recover password option. Their FAQ & Help sections are pretty exhaustive about all the issues that a customer might face in their website but not a word about password retrieval even there.

And what happened was even more ridiculous. I sent an email to customer service stating the trouble I am having and this is what I get as a reply back from them:

Dear Filbert,

Thank you for taking the effort to write to us.

We request you to follow the below steps to reset your password:
1. Go to the website www.trueroots.us
2. First you need to login to your account, Click on "Account settings"
3. It will take you to the page where you'll find 3 options, select the third option "Reset Password" and Change the password of your choice.

If you want to reset your password without logging in to your account, you can call us at our customer service number.

How illogical is that? I was fed up and went back to Reliance for my next recharge.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home