Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wonder Why?

Please take a look at all the cities in this list. Notice anything odd in this list?

Athens
Portland
Cincinnati
Dallas
Los Angeles
San Francisco
New York
Chicago
Seattle
Tokyo
Istanbul
Kuala Lampur
Paris
London
Berlin
Beijing
Bangkok
Hong Kong
Brussels
Madrid
Johannesburg
Moscow
Milan
Ottawa
Montreal
Toronto
Sydney
Amsterdam
Melbourne
Cairo

Do you see any Indian city in this list? That is what stuck me when I noticed this.

The place I saw this list of cities was in a clock in the Taipei airport which was displaying times at these popular international cities. Though this list is not complete, I did make sure that none of the Indian cities were there. And I also made sure that there was atleast one city from all the major countries that I can think of. I was completely annoyed that they didn’t find it deemed fit to add any Indian city in that list. I couldn’t think of any reason why they would do that. The only reason I could come up with was may be these are the cities that flights from the Taipei airport fly to. But then, one look at the destinations of flights flying out of the Taipei airport confirmed that not all these cities in the list are serviced by flights from that airport. Do you think it has got to do with the hostility between the 2 countries? Any other possible reason that you guys can think of?

5 Comments:

Blogger Bharani said...

Ellam namma naatula mela ulla poramai dhaan...these ppl cannot tolerate the growth of India at global level.....some countries not showing that explicitly...these ppl are showing....avlo dhan....

who cares...these countries need India to turn world's attention towards them...

6:28 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger மு.கார்த்திகேயன் said...

Filbert, Bharani Mapla is correct. They cant digest the growth of India. And there might be some other reason. BUt I am not able to find the reason for not having Indian city name there.

10:31 AM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Bharani and Karthik,

Though I am too inclined to think along those lines, I am not sure if the Chinese government would behave that childish, by ignoring Indian cities in a list that had cities from all over the world. But what Bharani said is true and something that is already happening - people have started looking at our country with awe & admiration.

5:02 PM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singapore - Another prominent city missing in the list.

3:39 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

I guess I saw Singapore in that list. Not sure though.

8:48 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home