Friday, May 11, 2007

The new Rbk Run Easy commercial



Noticed this commercial doing the rounds from the beginning of this week on TV. What first got me curious about this commercial where popular athletes are shown running together in pairs was a pair of our Indian athletes. I was wondering who they were and why those 2 random guys were shown. And it was only reading this Rediff article today morning, did I realize that those 2 guys were actually Dravid and Dhoni. To my credit, I will have to say that the voice did sound very familiar when I watched the ad for the first time :)

This post, by the way, is not be part of my Most Favorite commercials series. But I wanted to post this one here, just bcos of the fact that this is for the first time that Indian cricketers have appeared along with international players in a commercial and also bcos I am sure there are many like me out there who could not figure out that it was Dravid and Dhoni who were featured in that ad.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Filby,

That was real good, seeing Indian cricketers on par with International sportsmen. The first time, I saw the ad, I realized it was Indian, whose voice I thought was really familiar. Then saw the next time, closely, then found out it was Dravid. But it took me 3-4 viewings before figuring out, that the other person was Dhoni.

Filby, Thalaivar's magnum-opus 'Sivaji' is releasing in 2 weeks, why don't you start a daily update(on u'r blog) on the movie for 2 weeks, leading up to the movie. So, that thalaivar fans like me can enlighten by the facts which we are not aware of :)

11:28 AM, May 17, 2007  
Blogger Filbert said...

Same here, Sesh. I too first thought who are those Indians in the ad and it was after a while that I noticed that the voice sounded familiar. But I wouldn't have figured out it was Dhoni if I had not read that Rediff article.

Yeah Sesh, I think its a good idea to do a daily post on Sivaji. Let me start from next Monday. I have the countdown for now, on the LHS pane.

4:03 PM, May 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home