Thursday, January 26, 2006

My new Laptop - Fujitsu LifeBook N3410


Ever since I lost my laptop a few months ago to a theft in my apartment, I have been shopping around for a laptop. The following were the conditions that I had set as criteria for the new laptop
  1. It shall not be a Dell (Couple of reasons for that - my first one was a Dell & did not want to jinx it by buying the same brand again. Other reason was that most of my friends own a Dell & they all have had some problem or the other with the laptop. On top of these reasons, I wanted to try something different, as far as brand is concerned)
  2. This one should have a DVD burner
  3. Screen size should be 15.4" (since all I do using the laptop is browse & watch movies)
  4. Hard drive should be at least 60GB
  5. A minimum of 512 MB RAM (preferable with single DIMM)3) And of course, the all overriding price - under 1100$
HP, Sony & IBM were the ones I was looking at. But the ones by Sony & IBM which cost less than 1100$ were few and they did not appeal me that much, due to which I kind of dropped Sony & IBM from the list. It was at this point that I included Fujitsu in the list bcos one of my friends bought a Fujitsu last year and he has only good things to say about the laptop. Plus, even at the stores, they say Panasonic and Fujitsu are the best, when it comes to toughness & durability. Also, seems like the display of the Fujitsu laptops are just amazing. So, all this led me to think about Fujitsu and when it went to the store to buy the laptop, the looks of this particular Fujitsu laptop appealed to me instantly. The metallic black keyboard area and the black case was just awesome. So I decided rightaway that this is the one. Since it satisfied all the above pre-requisite condistions that I had set for myself, I bought it.

Model name: Fujitsu LifeBook N3410
Configuration: 1.73 GHz, Intel Centrino technology, 512 MB, 80 GB (4200 rpm), DVD Burner 15.4" TFT Display and 1200$ (went 100$ above my budget)

Click
here to view more pictures of the laptop. Haven't started using it yet. Will probably write a short review once I have used it long enough to comment about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home