Monday, December 18, 2006

Rumsfield's best

As Donald Rumsfield's tenure as the Defense Secretary officially came to a close today, here are the best of Rumsfield's quotes over the past 6 years.

I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started.

We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead.

We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat."– on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction

Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war.

It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months. - in Feb. 2003

If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly.

For more such quotes, go here

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home