Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pardon The Interruption

As many of you who read this blog know by now, the big news was that I got married (and celebrated 100 days of our married life this past weekend) and so I guess that explains the reason for this long hibernation in my blogging. The wedding was on the 1st of Feb in Coimbatore and so was in India for a month. And after we both got back here to Seattle, it has been one hectic time. It is simply unbelievable how getting married completely changes your lifestyle and your priorities (I can see all those single guys among the readers grinning and the married folks nodding their heads in agreement. Anyway, should come up with a separate post on this, I guess).

The wedding was great, well-attended (what else would you expect out of a wedding back in India) and everything went on smoothly. The post-wedding lunches and dinners at both our relatives' places managed to accomplish what they are meant for - put on all the weight that I had so painstakingly lost prior to my wedding :) Since we both were from different cities (she from Coimbatore and me from Madurai), the constant traveling between the 2 cities made sure that we had one busy-like-hell trip. Add the visa procedure that we had to get it completed before our departure so that she could travel with me, it turned out to be the super-busy trip that I had expected fully.

In these few months, there have been just too much to write about, that I don't even know where to start: Thalaivar's new films - Robot & Kuselan, Team India's amazing win in the CB Series (not to forget the commendable showing in the test series), the Patriots's gigantic loss (pun intended) to the Giants at Super Bowl, the Hoganekkal fast, the IPL & the growing addiction of the cricket watching public to it in India, Kobe winning his first ever MVP award & helping the Lakers finish atop the Western conference, the Lakers - Spurs Western conference finals, .... Just like the Democratic primary, the list seems to be never ending.

One other reason for this delay was that I just wasn't sure as to when and where to start.I was like 'OK, let me start writing when this happens or from the first of the next month' and that day/ occasion never came. So, I finally gave up and decided that I will just go ahead and at least start posting before the break gets too long. Then as & when time permits, will try to blog here. I am not sure how often I will be able to post entries here but I will make sure that there is at least one post a week. It is at times like these your admiration for bloggers who are married & have kids go up in leaps & bounds. (Balaji, please take a bow). I mean, I always knew how tough it should be for someone who is married with kids to keep blogging so regularly. But now that I am married, I can clearly see how much motivation one should have to keep blogging at that pace.

Such prolonged breaks are really bad for your writing, for I find it so tough to even put together few paragraphs without thinking long and hard!! So, stopping this 'I am back' post right here. Here is hoping to write some posts as regularly as I have mentioned in the paragraph above!! Wish me good luck, both for our married life and my blogging :)

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger SK said...

Of course my friend! All the best wishes - both for your life and blogging :)

8:59 PM, May 20, 2008  
Blogger P.S. Suresh Kumar said...

Wish you a happy married life

7:19 AM, May 21, 2008  
Blogger Filbert said...

Thanks for the wishes, SK :) A post a week is what I am aiming for. Lets see...

5:08 PM, May 21, 2008  
Blogger Filbert said...

Thanks for the wishes, Suresh!!!

5:10 PM, May 21, 2008  
Blogger Balaji said...

Welcome back! Thot of sending you a "When r u going to start blogging again?" mail several times but didn't since I knew exactly why u were on a break :) So, Congratulations and hope u stick to the 'atleast 1 post a week' promise :)

9:00 AM, May 22, 2008  
Blogger Filbert said...

My itch to get back to blogging was increasing by the day and finally was able to post something here. Felt that I was missing something all these days without blogging regularly. That is when I realized how much this blog had become an integral part of me :) Thanks for the wishes and yeah, will try to keep up the promise :)

11:15 AM, May 22, 2008  
Blogger Rajesh Thiagarajan said...

Congratulations. And, welcome back.

You are right, you missed a number of incidents, movie news and sports (read cricket) news. I am waiting to read your take on all of these.

-Rajesh

4:05 AM, May 23, 2008  
Blogger Filbert said...

Thanks, Rajesh!! Like you said, every time a major topic like the IPL, the Hogenekkal fast, etc came up, I was dying to get back to blogging. But wasn't able to do so bcos of the hectic schedule. Hopefully, I will have enough time to post atleast 1 blog a week...

10:46 AM, May 27, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back Mr. Busy man.

10:31 PM, May 29, 2008  
Blogger Balaji said...

promise broken already! but knowing the circumstances, we forgive you :)

9:19 AM, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Filbert said...

Thanks for the comment, Anon. Keep visiting!!

5:06 PM, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Filbert said...

Just kept up the promise, Balaji :) Since I still managed to post it during a Mon-Fri stretch, I guess I barely made it :)

I actually was thinking of posting it after the weekend but then saw your comment and posted it!!

5:07 PM, May 30, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wishing you a very happy married life Filbert.

10:57 AM, June 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home