Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Boss in the Power List

India today has come out with its annual list of 50 powerful people in India for the year 2006 and it has Thalaivar at No. 29 in the list. As a Thalaivar fan, felt it to be my duty and hence posting it here. And this is what they have to say about him:

Marquee Mogul

Because the Tamil superstar burned up the screens last year for 325 days, making Rs 60 crore with Chandramukhi. Because with a Rs 15-crore cheque for his forthcoming Sivaji, he has emerged as the country's highest paid actor. Because he opened an entire new world market for Tamil films with his 1995 hit, Muthu. Because he has resisted the temptation to monetise his celebrity status and promote any brand.

Little-known fact: After completing a film he goes on a 40-day pilgrimage to the Himalayas.
Big cool buddies: Telugu actor Mohan Babu and Kannada star Ambarish.
Prized possession: A white Fiat he bought from his first earnings in the 1970s.
Stress management tool: A dose of meditation and Black Dog whisky.
Relative values: Tamil star Dhanush is his son-in-law.

Except for the Dhanush part, it looked good (I mean, what value does Dhanush being son-in-law add to Thalaivar?). Other personalities from the sports & film industries were : Amitabh at number 4, SRK at the 22nd spot and Sachin at number 35.

Source: India Today (requires user ID though)

7 Comments:

Blogger Balaji said...

WOW! cool news :)

10:25 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Preethi said...

That's an awesome news for all Thalaivar fans. Correct a sonnenge...except for the Dhanush part e'thing else looks good. And that too "Tamil star Dhanush" a?? Rombe rombe over. Another thing that was astonishing to me was Sachin @ 35...didn't seem to do justice to him at all.

7:23 AM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Yeah Balaji, it indeed was a cool news. But I Thalaivar has been in this power list more than once before. I wanted to dig their archives but it would have taken so much time.

11:07 AM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

That mention of Dhanush was the only sore point in the write-up. And as you said, Sachin at number 35 was kind of a surprise too. But equally suprising to me was the absence of any other Indian cricketer in the list.

11:09 AM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Chalam,
I am guessing who you might be. But let me send an email to confirm the same.

10:15 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Simple_Sundar said...

Hi filbert,

It's cool. Actually i wanted to hint out that to you after i read India today. But you more than lightning speed, gave it to the blogworld.

I tried to contact u when u was here. Now where are u?

By the way...remember me?

Simple_sundar

6:52 AM, March 19, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Sure Sundar, I do remember you. I got back to Seattle, couple of weeks back. Did you try calling me when I was there? Sorry if I had missed your call. We will definitely meet the next time around.

And this blog was primarily created to write about our Thalaivar and so, how will I miss such a great news about him?

3:24 PM, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home