Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday afternoon musings...

As we head into the weekend, just wanted to share this good quote on leadership that impressed me the moment I read it.

I quote what Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning, has to say about leadership:

You have to decide: Do you want to make things happen or do you want to watch things happen? It's been my experience that most of the people who watch things happen are the ones who are usually wondering what just happened.

Also, read about this inspiring attempt by a marathoner, Dean Karnazes, who plans to run 50 marathons in 50 consecutive days in each of the 50 states. Those following the news channels here would be familiar with him, I guess. I didn’t get to hear about him until today when I was accidentally surfing channels. He is 43 years old and is currently in the 41st race of his 50 races. His final race will be the ING NYC marathon in New York city on the 5th of November. As always they have a site dedicated to this effort of his, complete with FAQs, mission statement, the entire schedule and a link to his blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home