Monday, October 16, 2006

Weirdest Coincidence

This has to be termed the weirdest coincidence that anybody would have come across (or atleast I have come across). Check this out: Had been to Vancouver this past weekend. After roaming around the waterfront for a while and as we were driving towards the Stanley park (which is a 5-min drive from the waterfront), somehow our topic of discussion turned towards celebrities and I was lamenting to my friend how I have never met any celebrity here in the US, accidentally. And as we were turning towards the park, we see this: a bunch of south Indian looking guys in the sidewalk on a main road and one of them was handing a camera (like the one used to shoot films). I quickly realized that it was some film shooting going on and as we turned to get on to that street, there was the heroine standing on the steps of one of the buildings and it was none other than Nayantara :) So, we parked car nearby and proceeded to the spot to get a glimpse of the crew and also what they were doing.

Looks like it was the shooting of a Telugu movie called Yogi with a guy named Prabas as the hero. Nayantara was surprisingly short and more importantly, did not look bloated as she looked in Ghajni. She was very short, even a high heel shoe not helping her cause (wonder how she looked good with Thalaivar in Chandramukhi?). We spent a few minutes there and just left. I was wondering if I should go and ask her for taking a picture with her but then chucked that idea. Main reason was I wasn’t sure how she would respond. If she is snobby, then I would have been completely put off (Have had a forgettable experience with Robin Singh back in Chennai in 1999 – more on that later). The interesting part was that she spoke in Tamil with that hero. (Isn’t she a Mallu?) The other observation was that the whole crew looked like a group of rag-tags. The crew was really small (a total of 10 people, may be) and didn’t look like they were shooting anything serious/ worthwhile. But then I realized when has any song that was picturized in these supposedly exotic locales had anything interesting in it.

Now, with my long time wish coming true, I am going to wait for the movie to get released in January and watch it in DVD to see how the scenes that we saw them shoot has come on-screen :)


7 Comments:

Blogger Bharani said...

pics look good....u might have taken a pic along with her :)

6:38 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Andrew, I dont think I can send this picture to Rediff bcos they expect you (the sender) to be seen with the celebrity in the picture. But actually I thought about using that as an excuse to talk to her :)

7:49 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Illa Bharani, apart form the reason I have mentioned in the post (for not taking a picture alongside her), there is also this thing about their privacy which I do not want to intrude. I kind of think that just bcos she is a celebrity, we do not have the right to go up to her and ask for a picture to be taken with her. Of course, she might be someone who would have liked it but it wasnt worth taking the risk.

7:52 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Balaji said...

based on the rediff "spotting" foto today, looks like nayan might've obliged! but still... lucky u :)

12:29 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

Yeah Balaji, I just saw it on Rediff. And I come here and see your comment. A chance went abegging. But even if I had talked to her, I would have only asked about her experiences of acting with Thalaivar which I am sure would have ticked her off :)

12:41 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger மு.கார்த்திகேயன் said...

filbert, but its tuff to watch a shooting..there is a chance to remove that scene from the movie itself :-)) so dont expect more..

2:36 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Filbert said...

That is true Karthik. And particularly, after the way the few scenes we saw were shot, I do not have high hopes on those making it to the final draft of the movie :)

7:29 AM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home