Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Weekend Hikes - Annette Lake

After the first 2 hikes, this was another step up for me bcos the difficulty level of this hike was moderate. The site where we pick these hikes from grades each one of the hikes by their difficulty level and judgment is pretty darn accurate. On their scale this was a moderate one but to me, this was real strenuous. Though I have hiked tougher hikes since I did this one, I will always remember the Annette Lake hike as the first moderate level hike I ever did.

Date: June 23, 2007
Close By: Snoqualmie Pass, WA
Directions: From Seattle, drive east on I-90 to Exit 47 and turn right. Drive 0.2 miles to road 5590, turn left and drive 0.3 miles to the large parking lot and trail-head.
Things to remember: Starts off steep, becomes relatively easy for a while before gets steep again. Good part is that the last 1 mile or so is on level ground and there is no elevation. Trail is in good shape. You might want to take another 0.75 mile trail called Nature trail which is at the trailhead. The lake is beautiful. Lot of logs. Lot of bugs too, on the way and at the lake.
Distance (RT): 8.0 miles
Time (RT): 4 hours, with 30 minutes at the lake
Elevation: 1400 feet
Level: 3

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Blogeswari said...

Idu super-a irukke!

9:06 PM, August 01, 2007  
Blogger Filbert said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you :) Yes, it is indeed a beautiful place and it is destinations like these that motivate me to keep doing such hikes.

4:24 PM, August 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home